The contest for this issue has now closed. Thank you!
Terms and Conditions
- Readers of The Northsider are eligible to enter. Only one entry per email / IP.
- All federal, state, or other taxes are the sole responsibility of winners.
- A prize won by a minor (as defined in the jurisdiction of the minor’s residence) will be awarded in the name of, or to, the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Potential prize winners, or the parent or legal guardian of a minor in the case of a minor, may be required to sign, execute, have notarized and return, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, a Publicity Release and any other documentation that The Northsider requires (collectively “Affidavit/Release”) or such potential winning Participant may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by The Northsider’s at its sole discretion.
- Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Photo Contest (or such Contestant’s parent or legal guardian in the case of a minor) and acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for The Northsider’s to use the winner’s name, address (city and state), photo, likeness, biographical information, statement and voice for advertising/publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further notice to or compensation in connection with this contest and any prize awarded.
- Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Photo Contest will be prosecuted and he or she will not be eligible for any prize.
- Contestant agrees that when participating in the Photo Contest, he or she will not engage in any illegal and/or inappropriate activities.
- If, for any reason, the Photo Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, The Northsider’s at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the contest or any portion thereof.
- Each Participant and, in the case of a minor, such minor’s parent or legal guardian, further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Northsider’s Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest; to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against The Northsider’s Entities, and hereby acknowledge that The Northsider’s Entities have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize.
- Winners, in the case of a minor, such winner’s parent or legal guardian, release The Northsider’s Entities from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to prizes (including any property loss, damage, personal, injury or death). In no event will The Northsider’s Entities be liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the prize.
- As a condition of participating in the contest, Participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in the State of Missouri having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of Missouri without regard for doctrines of conflict of law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Disclaimer: The Northsider is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Photo Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Photo Contest. The Northsider reserves the right to cancel the Photo Contest if it becomes technically corrupted.